A Main-dish recipe, by Gina Lioti.
“A simple, quick and easy chicken soup recipe that you will love and enjoy, even if you do not have a cold.”Gina Lioti
Here’s why you’re going to love this
If you do have a cold, though, enjoy the soup with a little bit more chilli and cayenne pepper, if you can take the heat; it is sure to help significantly.
Tip: Click on ingredients to discover more recipes!
chicken fillets 2
rice I usually use Jasmine and sometimes Basmati — 100 grams
butter 1 tbsp
extra virgin olive oil 1 tbsp
lemons freshly juiced — 1-3
carrots (optional) — 1-2
parsley dried, or freshly chopped or both
cayenne pepper (optional)
chilli flakes or freshly chopped or both (optional)
- In a pot, bring water to the boil and add chicken fillets. Allow them to cook for about 8-10 minutes.
- Put the chicken on a plate and cut into bite-size pieces. Add the pieces to the boiling water along with the rice.
- Turn down the temperature to a medium, stirring occasionally to make sure the rice does not stick to your pot.
- Depending on the rice and the way you like it, allow it to cook thoroughly. If you like it soft, turn down the heat after it is done and leave it covered for a few minutes.
- Towards the end, just about 10 minutes before the recommended cooking time of the rice (if it is 40 minutes, at about 30 minutes), add the butter, carrots, dried parsley, cayenne pepper and chilli flakes or freshly chopped chillies.
- When it is absolutely ready, just before you serve the soup, add the olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt and black pepper.
Gina Lioti Cooking Club
“I want to show you the absolute best of the Greek cuisine. Learn to cook delicious, healthy and easy dishes. Exclusive to members.” Gina Lioti
With every new recipe, I hand–pick dishes that complement it well. You can enjoy Chicken soup with any of the following.
Discover more recipes in this category.