Florina pepper salad
A Savoury-dish recipe, by Gina Lioti.
“Florina peppers are a specific type of pepper that is cultivated in Northern Greece, similar to bullhorn peppers; Florina is the name of the city around which this distinct variety of peppers are grown.”Gina Lioti
Here’s why you’re going to love this
They have a distinct sweet flavour and are cooked in many ways, from pickled to stuffed with feta and many more. My favourite way to cook them is plain roasted, and I use them as an accompaniment to meat, usually.
Tip: Click on ingredients to discover more recipes!
- Use the warm air/grill combination of your oven to preheat it at 190 degrees Celsius. If you don’t have that setting, use the top grill only, on medium.
- Wash the peppers well and place them on a baking tray. Don’t use a flat baking tray, as the peppers will release juices during cooking.
- As soon as their skin gets black, turn them, until all their sides become black.
- Take them out of the oven and slide them into a deep dish.
- Use cling film, or a plastic bag to seal the plate with the peppers in it, making sure there is as little air coming in, as possible. Leave them in the bag or film for at least half an hour. You can skip this step, but it makes peeling much quicker and easier, plus you don’t need to burn your hands.
- Take the plate out of the bag or remove the cling film and remove the pepper stems. If you don’t like the seeds, remove them with a teaspoon. I usually only partially remove them. Then, peel the peppers.
- Add olive oil, vinegar and salt to taste.
Gina Lioti Cooking Club
“I want to show you the absolute best of the Greek cuisine. Learn to cook delicious, healthy and easy dishes. Exclusive to members.” Gina Lioti
With every new recipe, I hand–pick dishes that complement it well. You can enjoy Florina pepper salad with any of the following.
Bullhorn pepper recipes
Love bullhorn pepper? Here are 2 more recipes with bullhorn pepper as an ingredient.
Discover more recipes in this category.
© 2014–2023, Gina Lioti. All rights reserved. Join me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.